Rootstock Blockchain Developer Course
Welcome to the Rootstock Blockchain Developer Course. Your pathway to becoming a Blockchain Developer.
This course aims to teach you how to develop on the Rootstock blockchain, with a major focus on smart contract development.
In this course, you will learn how to write, test, compile, deploy, secure, and verify smart contracts using Solidity.
... and it is completely free!
Who should take the course?
- Developers or anyone familiar with programming in any language; or
- Developers who are familiar with web3 on blockchain networks
Note that this course does not require any pre-requisite knowledge about blockchain or web3.
If you would like to learn about what blockchains are, how they work, and how to use them, there are plenty of other materials to learn from - including the Rootstock Blockchain User Course!
What to expect
8 Modules of content. Each module has the following types of material:
- Lab videos
- Explainer videos
- Code examples
- Code assessments
- Student handouts
- Slide decks
Benefits of taking the Blockchain Developer Course
- Level up your knowledge about smart contracts
- Earn a certificate upon completion
- Qualify to become a Developer Ambassador (and earn rewards!)
Here are some frequently asked questions about the Rootstock Blockchain Developer Course.
- Are there any prior requirements for taking the course?
A: This course does not require any pre-requisite knowledge about blockchain or web3; and neither does it aim to teach your about this topic.
- Will I get a Course completion certificate if I complete the course?
A: This is not the complete course yet - it is still in beta at the moment - so there isn't a certificate at the end unfortunately! When the course is finalised we will enable certificates, and your progress during the beta will count towards completion, and therefore the certificate as well.
- Where can I go for help?
A: Go to the Rootstock community discord, and ask questions on the
- Is there a time frame for completing the course?
A: No, this course is entirely self paced, and materials are available on demand.
- Is this course really free?
A: Yes, 100% free. Enjoy!