For MetaMask installation, please visit here.
You can either use the metamask-landing.rifos.org tool to download/install Metamask, and add RSK custom network or follow the steps listed in metamask.io.
Connect with MetaMask
(1) Open MetaMask extension.
(2) In the network selector (top right corner), choose Custom RPC.
(3) Fill with these values to connect to RSK Mainnet or Testnet
|Field||RSK Mainnet||RSK Testnet|
|Network Name||RSK Mainnet||RSK Testnet|
|Block explorer URL||https://explorer.rsk.co||https://explorer.testnet.rsk.co|
Now MetaMask is ready to use with RSK!
Try out the RSK Testnet:
If you would like to know more about the values used in the custom network configuration above, check out account based addresses on RSK.
MetaMask does not yet fully comply with the technical specifications of account based addresses on RSK. Thankfully, there are workarounds available, which allow most users to use MetaMask on RSK successfully.
MetaMask uses the Ethereum value for derivation path, and presently does not allow it to be configured. This means that if you use the same seed phrase in MetaMask and other wallets, you will get a different set of addresses. A workaround for this is to use custom derivation paths when using other wallets that support this feature.
MetaMask does not presently support EIP-1191 checksums. This means that if you use the addresses copied from MetaMask, you may encounter checksum validation errors. A workaround for this is to lowercase the addresses after copying them.
- Currency may be mistakenly displayed as
ETHwithin some screens of MetaMask. The RSK network uses
RBTCas its cryptocurrency.
- This tutorial uses RSK public nodes. You can connect to another node by changing the RPC URL.
- The node must enable CORS for browser-based DApps to work.
- Please review the configuration file reference for CORS settings.